A Guide to Packing – Let’s lighten the load
Moving house is a significant transition that often involves a complex mix of emotions and logistics. At Stowable, we understand the challenges you might face during this process. We’re here to provide you with thoughtful and practical advice on how to make your move easier with a checklist and guide to starting packing.Read more
1. Reduce Clutter and Unwanted Items
Take a close look at your belongings. Identify items that you no longer need or use. This initial step serves a dual purpose: it helps you declutter your home and reduces the number of items you need to pack and move. Consider donating, selling, or recycling these items to lighten your load.
2. Minimize Stress – Start small
Easier said than done we know! But one of the most effective strategies for simplifying your house move is to break it down into parts. Begin with smaller items that you’re not using regularly or you can do without until after you have settled in your new home.
Tackling smaller items first can help alleviate some of that stress. Starting with less daunting tasks and working your way up to larger ones allows you to maintain a sense of organisation and control throughout the move.
3. Create More Space
As you gradually clear out smaller items, you’ll notice more space opening up in your home. This newfound space not only makes the packing process more manageable but also allows for easier movement when dealing with larger furniture and appliances later in the process.
Moving House Checklist
we’ve put together a checklist to help you stay organised and on track when moving house:
- Declutter: Begin by identifying items you no longer need and consider donating or selling them. Check out our decluttering guide for helpful tips – Decluttering
- Pack Gradually: Start packing early, beginning with smaller items, and progress to larger ones as the moving date approaches.
- Label Clearly: Label your boxes clearly with their contents to streamline unpacking.
- Update Addresses: Notify essential parties of your address change well in advance.
- Seek Help if Needed: If you have heavy or bulky items, consider hiring professional movers for assistance.
- Unpack Thoughtfully: When you arrive at your new home, get your bulky items in place then prioritise unpacking room by room with items you use regularly.
We hope these tips have been helpful as you plan your move.
How we can help
Stowable boxes are perfect for packing smaller items such as books, decorations, kitchenware or even your winter wardrobe. These boxes are sturdy and designed for easy handling, you’ll be amazed how much you can fit in them. We’ll collect when you’re ready, getting them out your way early so you don’t trip over or need to think about them again until after you are settled in your new home.
When moving house and using storage, we understand that the your possessions hold both financial and sentimental value, you don’t want them getting lost or damaged. To ensure their safety, we’ve invested in a state-of-the-art security system that provides peace of mind for you throughout the moving process.
Service and transparency above all
When considering your moving budget, Stowable is committed to transparent pricing. We believe in honesty and trust when it comes to our customer relationships. You’ll always know exactly what you’re paying for.
Like for like on flexible rolling storage we don’t believe our prices can be beaten so let Stowable help you make your house move as smooth as possible. 🏡✨📦